This is a classic Mexican dish that we eat a lot of. In Texas, we call these Tacos but up north many call them Burritos. Either way they are delicious with chicken, pork, turkey, fish, or beef (ground or shredded).
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (1 yellow and 1 red preferably), thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 cups Colby Jack (this is a blend of Monterrey Jack and Colby cheese), grated
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3/4 - 1 cup Texas Pepper Jam Chipotle Salsa
- 6-8 tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably a nonstick skillet) over medium heat. Add onions and peppers, saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cumin. Stir well about 5 minutes.
- Add Salsa. Stir another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm
- Heat tortillas on a dry skillet, flipping when brown spots appear. Repeat on other side. Tortilla will get soft & pliable.
- Remove from heat, fill with 2-4 Tbsp of meat mixture above.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Makes 4-8 servings.