Saturday, May 24, 2014

Waxed Linen Jewelry Blog Hop

"What comes around, goes around!" Or is it "What goes around, comes back around!"

Wax Linen was very popular back in the 60's & 70's.
&&&&
It is making a come back! :))))


Thank you  Diana Ptasnyski of Suburban Girl Studio  for putting on this wonderful blog hop! It has been a walk down memory lane for me. I haven't used waxed linen since the early 70's when I took a jewelry making class as a freshman in high school. I even found some of my old waxed linen, clay beads, & jewelry from then!

For this project, though, I used new linen in 4 colors & paper beads from Africa in a macrame bracelet. Added in are a few silver beads left over from several remade projects for my sister-in-law & niece.



I'm off to Blog Hop --- Care to join me!

Diana Ptaszynski - Our Hostess!
Kelsy Vincent
Susan Kennedy
Linda Landig
Kashmira Patel
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Vanessa Gilkes
Sandy Huntress
Kay Thomerson
Sarajo Wentling
Kari Asbury
Rebecca Anderson
Melissa Trudinger
Ann Schroeder
Shai Williams
Blanca Medina
Cheryl Brown
Johana Nunez Rivera
Lori Bowring Michaud
Kelly Morgan
Barbara Bechtel
Kristen Stevens
Heather Boardman
Janet Bocciardi
Kathy Lindemer
Lesley Watt
Susan Kolovson
Jayne Capps
Michelle McCarthy
Cynthia Deis Enter to win a kit from Ornamentea!
Karla Morgan -  You are here!
Erin Siegel
Becky Pancake
Kelly Hosford Patterson
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson
Inge von Roos
Carolyn Lawson
Linda Younkman
Sandi Volpe
Toltec Jewels
Michelle Mach
Jen Cameron
Dorothy Winchell
Darlene Mansue

15 comments:

  1. How fun! Colorful paper beads are a great match for the linen cord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a fun and fabulous bracelet!!! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karla, your bracelet is very colorful and summery to me. Great job using waxed linen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a happy, colorful bracelet! Once I started using waxed linen, I realized a friend had given me a whole spool years ago. At that time, I had no idea what it was. Once I knew what I had, I was thrilled. I'm still using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! Love the colors, and dangles...awesome tribal look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla- I love the paper beads and thread together . It has the stylish tribal look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this piece. Love the use of the paper beads and colors you used. I love the beginning (or ending) really interesting and the dangles - I happen to be a big fan of the tribal look so this is definitely right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out great. The paper beads are so cool with this. So much color, dangles and fun. Very tribal/bohemian. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow-o-wow. i just love this chunky fringey bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bracelet! So pretty and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, wow, wow! This bracelet is amazing. A bright, bohemian delight! You still got it, girl. You're macrame knotting skills are impressive. I LOVE and ADORE your bracelet. I'm totally smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh, it's dangly. I like dangly jewelry. The colors are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karla, what a FUN bracelet! The paper beads are a wonderful compliment to the waxed linen. I love how you incorporated them in different pattern combinations of the knotting. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how multi-dimentional this piece is. The paper beads look great and I love the different knotting techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness gracious! That's one happy and intricate bracelet! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers! Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts :0